The Data Science and Data Intelligence teams are a core part of CarTrawler’s day to day operations – they are an essential team which enables our data driven culture.
The Data Science team use a range of cutting edge systems to make automated decisions for the business.
A typical day in the Data Science team would consist of:
- Working through data and emerging from this process with powerful insights that can then be fed into automated decision systems
- The work is principally project based – focusing on a particular area for improvement and working across the business with our technology and commercial teams to drive a high level of customer experience whilst ensuring we are also driving the right commercial outcomes
The Data Intelligence team is responsible for storing, curating & providing access to the various data sources from across the business.
- Our data is stored in the cloud and we use a blend of commercial and open source technologies to enable the business to get the most out of our data
- We try to spend as much time as possible working on projects that drive our data knowledge and architecture forward. This typically involves bringing new datasets into our data warehouse, improving the process of monitoring the data warehouse (data quality, job processing status, for example) and exploring new tools that enable better use of the data by the business
- Within this there is typically a balance between technical work & stakeholder engagement