What you will be doing?
The purpose of the role is to:
- To manage a Google Tag Manager plant at CarTrawler and work with Product & Technology and engine-owners to develop and enforce tagging discipline to allow longitudinal analysis.
- To enable CarTrawler to incorporate user journey information in business decision making.
- To support CarTrawler`s efforts to identify pain points in the customer journey and to formulate hypotheses about root-causes that designers can use to remediate.
- In the longer term, to enable CarTrawler to link customer journey information from engine implementation through to warehousing/analytics.
Directly responsible to: Insights Manager
- Ensure data is correct and dependable through architectural review of tagging, identifying tagging gaps and working with product teams in order to set up and validate tagging
- Monitor & analyse user behaviour across CarTrawler`s product range
- Identify and analyse relevant data to drive business goals; turn data into actionable insights
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop clear and measurable business and testing objectives and define KPIs
- Identify and locate data trends from a variety of data sources
-Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Share findings and reports with relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify tracking requirements
- Data Science to feed relevant information into models, e.g. pricing & sorting
- Trading function, Partner Relationship Management, Supply & Insurance and CCE to ensure they are equipped, where necessary, with information, context, insight, tools and resources
- Product & Technology to feed into product development cycles and to provide regular reporting on key metrics
- Product Engineering to implement improvements to tagging infrastructure
Knowledge and experience:
- 2+ years` experience working within website analytics
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complex contexts
- Experience in website analytics tools (e.g. custom tagging solutions, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Tag Manager)
- Experience in supporting designers with UX research
- Experience with SQL-based query languages
- Strong data visualisation skills with ability to present data in a logical & meaningful way
- Strong critical/analytical thinking skills
- Independent, structured and proactive working methods
- Confident communicator - ability to present and share findings to a variety of audiences in a clear, concise way telling a compelling user story from data
- Inquisitive mind - seeks new information, asks questions and is curious and eager to learn