What you will be doing?
You will become a trusted advisor to your partners and help them translate commercial problems into financial outputs. For an applicant to be successful in this role it is critical to have the ability to communicate a message in a concise manner, to understand their audience and deliver the information in a transparent user friendly manner. A finance business partner will have the ability to influence the decisions that the business makes and help maximise shareholder value and return. Your primary partners will be the Business Development, Marketing and Mobility functions however you will also have responsibility for the `Go Live` team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a trusted advisor to the respective business departments which will include becoming fully up to date with what this department does, their strategic objectives and how your role can fully support them in achieving this.
- Support the departments short and long term operational/strategic business decisions through financial analysis and recommendations to allow informed decision making.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the `Deal framework` for new and existing partnerships.
- Prepare financial models, including scenario analysis and identifying Risks & Opps, on large new business partnerships & renewals alongside preparing presentations for the board on the financial and operation impacts of the partnership.
- Review and challenge financial models for smaller new business partnerships & renewals and provide challenge and feedback on assumptions to reach a joint, agreed output with your partner area
- Responsible for pro-actively identifying opportunities in your departments for profitable growth.
- Provide your partners, and monthly Board packs, with commentary on monthly financial performance, including variances and updates on actions/initiatives being implemented to drive performance improvement.
- Support, review and challenge the outputs from the departments for the company planning and forecasting cycles, creating a joint submission between FBP and your department to FP&A.
- Review and approve financial business cases from your departments, prior to submission to the Cost Committee.
- Develop recommended business solutions through research, analysis of data and business process and implement when appropriate.
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams
- Ability to benchmark CarTrawler performance against the external market, ensuring performance trends are unearthed and contextualised.
- Work closely with the Head of FBP to ensure that the team is delivering upon its responsibilities in an organised and professional manner.
Knowledge and experience:
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with minimum of 2+ years PQE
- Excellent financial acumen and ability to understand and breakdown complex data and processes.
- A self-starter, with a passion for getting under the hood and understanding what is driving business performance, both positive and negative.
- Have strong analytical capability.
- Critical thinking - the ability to think outside the box, see the bigger picture through consideration of future implications and scenarios and use these when making recommendations.
- Problem solver - ability to work with ambiguous information to determine root cause or drivers and then put forward resolutions.
- Accuracy & attention to detail is critical as this information is used to inform business decisions and influence strategy.
- Experience preparing and reviewing financial models
- Experience preparing presentations for presenting to and influencing the decisions of senior management.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively to ensure objectives are met successfully and on time
- Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to effectively manage stakeholder relationships.
- Systems experience such as SQL and Tableau an advantage.
Sorry, this vacancy is closed.
To sign up for job alerts and have jobs emailed to you click here