What you will be doing?
Reporting to:Head of Mobility Product & Technology
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Build software applications - follow coding standards, build appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Responsible for overall technical delivery of respective projects.
- Taking part in creative discussions and steering those discussions in the most technically appropriate direction, recommending the best technical approach.
- Ensuring that knowledge gained is always shared outwards to the teams and the company as a whole.
- Ensuring the project is delivered to high standards of quality in all aspects including, but not limited to code, documentation, configuration management, source code control and best practice challenges of the role.
- Coping with multiple, sometimes overlapping work streams.
- Clearly communicating scope and risks to both the project management functions and the creative functions.
-Head of Mobility Product & Technology
-Principle Backend Architect
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years development experience on Java 8
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts and experience applying recognised design patterns (Gang of Four, Enterprise)
- Experience of development and consumption of scalable REST APIs and REST API architecture
- Experience with vendor management / integrating with 3rd party platforms
- Comfortable with maven, and version control
- Building highly available systems using Java in a fast moving agile environment.
- Comfortable with server-side frameworks, such as Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat
- Experience using cloud services. Amazon EC2, Lambda, Heroku,
- Familiarity with platforms such as Kafka, Spark, Hadoop for processing volumes of data.
- Empowering access to massive datasets with Elastic Search, Redis, MySQL, and Memcached.