Hybrid Working ModelAt CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style deskOur Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members · Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity ,parents leave and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· Subsidised restaurant – with free breakfast· We have a dedicated Talent Management team to support individual and team development needs, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learning o Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmes · To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops · We are a company that likes to give back. you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of our company-wide CSR initiatives · An outstanding, dedicated sports and social club· Free on site Yoga, Pilates, Massages, Bootcamp· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more· Regular discount offers including- Base Pizza, SabaToGo, Medipharm Windy Arbour, Giraffe Childcare, ID90 Travel
Senior Legal Counsel (12 month Contract
(Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Finance & Legal
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler is the leading B2B provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. We bring opportunities to life through an online marketplace connecting our partners, customers and mobility suppliers.
CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivalled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including American Express, Alaska Airlines, easyJet, eDreamsODIGEO, Hotels.com, KLM, TravelStart and Emirates. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
CarTrawler was established in 2004, our headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with an office in New York. For more information visit www.cartrawler.com.
Reporting to: General Counsel
The purpose of your role:
· To support and business partner with key stakeholders in negotiating commercial contracts in defined areas of the business to ensure a good commercial outcome while always protecting the company’s interests.
· Provide commercially focused legal advice and support to the business in order to support CarTrawler’s overall goals and strategy.
· Proactively identify legal issues that impact stakeholders and work with the business to identify solutions.
· Support the General Counsel in the execution of the legal and regulatory strategy and framework for the business and in advising the business on day to day legal matters that arise.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Supporting the General Counsel in the management of the day to day operation of the Legal Department and where required in a variety of strategic projects.
· Negotiation of a wide range of general commercial contracts largely with a technology focus (e.g. agency agreements, distribution agreements, digital marketing agreements, software license agreements, confidentiality agreements and support and maintenance agreements).
· Providing practical guidance to key stakeholders that balances the business objectives and legal risk, while considering CarTrawler’s policies and processes.
· Managing legal projects to completion and liaising with stakeholders around the business for input and support in such projects.
· Ensuring there is a strong working relationship between the legal team and key stakeholders around the business.
· Ensuring appropriate training is provided to the business on relevant legal matters.
· Identification of inefficiencies in day-to-day operations and making recommendations for process improvements.
· Liaising with External Counsel.
Knowledge and experience
· At least 5 years PQE.
· Ideally should have some in-house experience.
· Commercial contract negotiation experience is key with focus on technology agreements an advantage and experience in the negotiation of issues related to data protection and intellectual property.
· Strong influencing style, articulate and confident.
· Professional demeanour and ability to work and communicate at all levels in the organization.
· Ability to dispense direct and actionable feedback to business stakeholders at all levels tactfully.
· Commercial and pragmatic with the ability to truly understand the business requirements and strategy and reflect this when advising the business or negotiating contracts.
· Ability to build strong relationships across business functions.
· Strong ability to break down legal concepts to simple language on all communication mediums.
· Demonstrates initiative and is not afraid to try new things.
· Self-motivated to work on projects through to completion.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Flexible, organised and able to prioritise in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Sense of humour.
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly assess potential for risk and opportunity.
· Proven discretion, tact and probity in handling confidential and sensitive information.
· Competent ability to use software systems (e.g. Office, CRM systems, e-signature systems etc.).