Hybrid Working ModelAt CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style deskOur Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members · Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity ,parents leave and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· Subsidised restaurant – with free breakfast· We have a dedicated Talent Management team to support individual and team development needs, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learning o Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmes · To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops · We are a company that likes to give back. you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of our company-wide CSR initiatives · An outstanding, dedicated sports and social club· Free on site Yoga, Pilates, Massages, Bootcamp· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more· Regular discount offers including- Base Pizza, SabaToGo, Medipharm Windy Arbour, Giraffe Childcare, ID90 Travel
Commercial Strategy Lead
Location: Dublin, Ireland
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
The Commercial Strategy Lead is responsible for developing, evolving and supporting the Commercial strategy for new partnership opportunities. They are tasked with bringing together crucial pieces of information such as partner requirements, competitor performance, market dynamics, innovations etc. across internal and external sources in order to develop strategic options and design a winning strategy for each segment and high value opportunity.
You will also engage directly with our strategic partnership opportunities as part of the overall deal team to drive new business through creating compelling business cases, incorporating storytelling and strategy analysis skills that persuade senior stakeholders to move to CarTrawler whilst ensuring internal alignment across our business.
Success in this role demands a strong strategic and analytical orientation coupled with exceptional communication skills as well as a highly developed collaborative nature.
Reporting to: Director of Product and Brand Marketing
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Working with Business Development and Marketing Leadership to identify and develop go-to-market strategies, realising new partner and segment opportunities in markets aligned with the overall Company strategy (e.g. North America)
· Bringing together and analysing partner requirements, competitor performance, market dynamics, innovations etc. across internal and external sources in order to develop strategic options and design a winning strategy for each high value opportunity.
· Analysing market trends and dynamics for the purpose of providing overviews and recommendations to leadership across the business in regard to new opportunities or segments where requirements may differ from CarTrawler’s standard proposition, this includes working with Product Marketing in identifying and presenting any potential proposition gaps to the business which may prevent CarTrawler from signing any perspective high value opportunities
· Involvement in the end-to-end sales process for high value opportunities including commercial contract analysis to advise on the optimal Commercial terms for CarTrawler
· Accountable for developing and building on relationships with key decision makers and C-Suite representatives involved in any prospective opportunities
· Responsible for preparing all internal communications on high value opportunities such as ad-hoc Leadership team updates or analysis and Company board reporting
· Responsible for communicating with the wider business and knowledge sharing on the commercial strategy and potential future opportunities
· Supporting the annual planning process, providing analysis for new growth opportunities by segment and market
· Conducting competitor research to identify strengths and weaknesses of their propositions in comparison to CarTrawler in collaboration with Product Marketing
· Working with the Business Development team to support them in prioritisation of higher value opportunities and segments whilst advising on optimal approaches and providing a critical viewpoint to their sales strategies
· Responsible for the preparation, submission and presentation of proposals to the highest professional standards in collaboration with Product Marketing
· Accountable for ensuring the BD team work in line with the Commercial Deal Framework(s) and sell products that are in the CarTrawler product suite
· Involvement in defining the handover process from sales to Go-live and Partner Account Management for high value partners
· Business Development & Mobility - to identify and develop go-to-market strategies, realising new partner and segment opportunities in markets aligned with the overall Company strategy. Working with the Business Development team to support them in prioritisation of higher value opportunities and segments whilst advising on optimal approaches
· Product Marketing – working in collaboration to deliver competitor benchmarking, proposition gap analysis and preparation of all collateral that is shared externally
· Operations – Knowledge sharing and particular focus on collaboration with the Go Live Team for future planning
· Product and Technology – feeding in proposition gaps, requirements etc where needed outside of the go live process
Knowledge and Experience:
· At least 5 years’ experience in a strategy position within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
· Experience being a central piece of a wide range of strategic decision-making processes and as a result have become comfortable assessing options and making appropriate choices.
· An educational qualification in the area of Business/Economics or other relevant discipline
· Consultancy background a plus
· Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
· Natural collaborator with an ability to establish and maintain lasting relationships both internally and externally
· Proven track record in communicating, presenting and influencing at all levels including C Suite
· Excellent commercial and financial acumen
· Proven track record of analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-motivated with a proven track record of working on own initiative
· Strong business report writing and presentation skills with high attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast paced, competitive environment
· Some experience in negotiations a plus