Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A high spec laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more
Engineering Manager (Front-end)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Product & Technology
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
Role Purpose: An Engineering Manager leads and motivates their engineering team to deliver quality software at pace which delivers on the CarTrawler business strategy. Consistently analysing and improving team productivity whilst creating a culture of high performance and enthusiasm. Works closely with Senior Engineering Managers to advance our software development practices and create an environment of achievement, reward and respect which attracts and retains top engineering talent. Works closely with the Product Manager to ensure we deliver car rental booking technology of the highest standard that meets our car booking customer requirements and our travel partner business and revenue requirements.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Working with Portfolio Management, Product Management and the Business to agree achievable commitments and priorities for technology requirements.
· Supporting engineers in defining technical requirements. Ensuring they have a clear understanding of the technical ask and timeline.
· Actively contributing to the codebase. Across design, development and test. Leading by example.
· Supporting the technical design and implementation. Ensuring best practices, recognised design patterns and strategies are embraced. Striving always for simplicity of solution design.
· Adopting a defensible, pragmatic stance on testing. From unit through integration and system. Following through on this with the team.
· Providing input into evolving Agile Strategy, Architecture, Continuous Integration, Automation.
· Run team meetings, tracking the team's efficiency and quality of work, remove roadblocks and eliminate interruptions.
· Providing realistic estimates and report against expected progress.
· Assessing, resolving, and reporting on issues escalated from the production environment.
· Providing people leadership. Scheduling regular one-to-one conversations with team members. Leading performance conversations. Participating in career planning and training plans. Setting achievable goals and reviewing progress.
· Help us grow by hiring the best engineers for the engineering team.
· Engineering Management to ensure we are providing the correct leadership and support to the engineering teams.
· Product Management and Product Design to ensure alignment on meeting product visions and goals.
· Portfolio Management to implement clear plans for delivery of priority projects and initiatives.
· Trading function, Partner Relationship Management, Supply & insurance and CCE to ensure quality technical solutions are being delivered.
· External partners to assist integration of CarTrawler software solutions.
Knowledge and Experience:
· You should thrive in a highly agile environment where you can lead the team through estimation, planning, development and deployment, all while coordinating across the development teams and the business.
· Be an engineer at heart with the ability to write and review code, have passion and pride in the applications that you deliver.
· Ideally, you have previously managed an engineering team, have excellent people and communication skills, are approachable and love the satisfaction that comes from helping others get the best from themselves.
· Ability to manage and lead a team in both technology and process to pro-actively and strategically deliver results.
· Ability to attract and hire great engineers, build a high-performing team, lead and mentor them, and make them successful.
· Strong understanding of agile methodology, software development best practices and CI/CD principles.
Excellent time-management skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time with quality