Hybrid Working ModelAt CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style deskOur Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members · Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity ,parents leave and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· Subsidised restaurant – with free breakfast· We have a dedicated Talent Management team to support individual and team development needs, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learning o Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmes · To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops · We are a company that likes to give back. you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of our company-wide CSR initiatives · An outstanding, dedicated sports and social club· Free on site Yoga, Pilates, Massages, Bootcamp· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more· Regular discount offers including- Base Pizza, SabaToGo, Medipharm Windy Arbour, Giraffe Childcare, ID90 Travel
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Product & Technology
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler is the leading B2B provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. We bring opportunities to life through an online marketplace connecting our partners, customers and mobility suppliers.
CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivalled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including American Express, Alaska Airlines, easyJet, eDreamsODIGEO, Hotels.com, KLM, TravelStart and Emirates. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
CarTrawler was established in 2004, our headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with an office in New York. For more information visit www.cartrawler.com.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Working with Portfolio Management, Product Management and the Business to agree achievable commitments and priorities for technology requirements.
· Supporting engineers in defining technical requirements. Ensuring they have a clear understanding of the technical ask and timeline.
· Actively contributing to the codebase. Across design, development and test. Leading by example.
· Supporting the technical design and implementation. Ensuring best practices, recognised design patterns and strategies are embraced. Striving always for simplicity of solution design.
· Adopting a defensible, pragmatic stance on testing. From unit through integration and system. Following through on this with the team.
· Providing input into evolving Agile Strategy, Architecture, Continuous Integration, Automation.
· Run team meetings, tracking the team's efficiency and quality of work, remove roadblocks and eliminate interruptions.
· Providing realistic estimates and report against expected progress.
· Assessing, resolving, and reporting on issues escalated from the production environment.
· Providing people leadership. Scheduling regular one-to-one conversations with team members. Leading performance conversations. Participating in career planning and training plans. Setting achievable goals and reviewing progress.
· Help us grow by hiring the best engineers for the engineering team.
· Engineering Management to ensure we are providing the correct leadership and support to the engineering teams.
· Product Management and Product Design to ensure alignment on meeting product visions and goals.
· Portfolio Management to implement clear plans for delivery of priority projects and initiatives.
· Trading function, Partner Relationship Management, Supply & insurance and CCE to ensure quality technical solutions are being delivered.
· External partners to assist integration of CarTrawler software solutions.
Knowledge and Experience:
· You should thrive in a highly agile environment where you can lead the team through estimation, planning, development and deployment, all while coordinating across the development teams and the business.
· Be an engineer at heart with the ability to write and review code, have passion and pride in the applications that you deliver.
· Java Enterprise software design / development experience will be a distinct advantage.
· Ideally, you have previously managed an engineering team, have excellent people and communication skills, are approachable and love the satisfaction that comes from helping others get the best from themselves.
· Ability to manage and lead a team in both technology and process to pro-actively and strategically deliver results.
· Ability to attract and hire great engineers, build a high-performing team, lead and mentor them, and make them successful.
· Strong understanding of agile methodology, software development best practices and CI/CD principles.
· Excellent time-management skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time with quality.