Hybrid Working ModelAt CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: A Windows laptop, 2 X inches monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style deskOur Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members · Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity ,parents leave and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· Subsidised restaurant – with free breakfast· We have a dedicated Talent Management team to support individual and team development needs, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learning o Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmes · To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops · We are a company that likes to give back. you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of our company-wide CSR initiatives · An outstanding, dedicated sports and social club· Free on site Yoga, Pilates, Massages, Bootcamp· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more· Regular discount offers including- Base Pizza, SabaToGo, Medipharm Windy Arbour, Giraffe Childcare, ID90 Travel
Finance Operations Manager (Contract)
(Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Finance & Legal
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler is the leading B2B provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. We bring opportunities to life through an online marketplace connecting our partners, customers and mobility suppliers.
CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivalled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including American Express, Alaska Airlines, easyJet, eDreamsODIGEO, Hotels.com, KLM, TravelStart and Emirates. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
CarTrawler was established in 2004, our headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with an office in New York. For more information visit www.cartrawler.com.
This role is responsible for managing the teams that complete finance operations for the Group, excluding Car Supply payments. Ensuring the accurate, complete and efficient processing of Accounts Payable, calculation, payment and posting of commission payable to Partners and managing the reconciliation of Group bank accounts with total transaction value exceeding €750m per annum and further corporate support functions, e.g. payroll and staff expenses.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Responsibility for the delivery of the day to day operations of the finance department;
· Full ownership of leading, motivating & developing our high performing AP, AR and Payroll
· Lead the AP/AR teams (team of 4) through month end while providing strong support to the overall delivery of the month end process within our 5 day close target;
· Develop complete understanding of our banking process to perform bank reconciliations in support of our banking function
· Build on our continuous improvement culture by critically analysing existing operating processes, policies and structure to improve operational effectiveness;
· Provide a valuable contribution as part of the senior finance management team in developing the direction, strategy and frameworks of the finance function;
· Create strong working relationships across the senior finance management team to ensure full alignment across financial reporting, tax, treasury, financial planning & internal controls
· Supporting the Head of Finance in the delivery of our Finance Objectives and setting the department structure;
· Work in partnership (particularly with Trading and P&T teams) across the company providing valuable financial insight to the business and appropriate accountability;
· Identifying risks and opportunities that may affect the financial performance of the company or the timeliness and quality of information
· By nature, this role interfaces with all teams within the business, hence strong stakeholder management skills are crucial
Knowledge and Experience:
· At least 3 years’ experience in managing and developing people in a finance environment within a cross functional business organisation
· Qualified accountant with relevant industry experience
· Has worked in a position of responsibility and has delivered to a high standard
· Strong commercial awareness with a common sense approach
· Excellent computer and systems knowledge;
· Enjoys leading people and developing individuals and teams
· Gets the basics right, every time
· Ability to step back from the detail and look at the bigger picture
· Good communication skills both written and oral
· Excellent time management skills and ability to deal with a changing environment