Director of Finance
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Finance & Legal
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler is the leading provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the travel industry,
Our B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. If you’ve ever booked a flight online and saw the option to book a car rental, then that was probably us.
CarTrawler partners with many of the world’s biggest airlines including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and travel brands such as eDreams Odigeo, Hotels.com, Uber and Hopper.
We’re an Irish company but the global leader in our space. We are a purpose driven organisation and offer our people the chance to solve interesting problems, be a part of key decisions and truly accelerate their careers.
We have recently secured investment from global private equity firm, Towerbrook Capital Partners, and are embarking on an ambitious and exciting journey to achieve the next level of growth and scale.
Hybrid Working Model
At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you.
At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role.
CarTrawler is seeking a dynamic, commercial, hands-on Director of Finance who will partner with the CFO to execute the financial strategy, provide financial and commercial support to the business and ultimately lead it through a successful exit for investors. It is a broad and interesting remit with responsibility for finance operations, reporting, treasury, investor relations and commercial finance. The role has 4 direct reports and is responsible for a team of over 25.
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Develop & implement a comprehensive strategy for the finance function to support the business at it grows, improve efficiency & financial controls and prepare the business for an exit for investors
· Own, lead and scale all aspects of finance – operations, reporting, treasury, investor relations, financial planning & analysis and business partnering
· Act as a trusted, visible point of contact to the Leadership team and key functional leads; providing commercial and financial decision support and challenge and insight into business profitability
· Lead the preparation of annual financial statements as well as overseeing the external audit process including managing the audit committee
· Lead the annual forecasting (and reforecasting) process working with the leadership team and functional leaders to create a comprehensive, credible and collaborative plan
· Develop and implement appropriate reporting, KPI’s and analysis to track business performance against Plan
· Manage cash flow and treasury activities ensuring we minimise risk and where appropriate target financial returns
· Manage reporting & analysis for the board and investors providing confidence in and insight into the performance of the business
· Work with the CFO and Investors on any refinancing or the introduction of debt facilities to the business
· Support the CFO and business in any corporate development or M&A activities
· Lead and mentor a high-performance finance function ensuring the team scales with and supports the business
Experience and Requirements:
· Qualified accountant with strong educational background
· At least 10 years of post-qualified experience
· Experience in a comparable role including experience leading large finance teams
· Strong technical finance experience across control, reporting & accounting, planning and analysis, business partnering as well as an understanding of treasury
· Experience in high-growth and/or private equity backed businesses is a plus
· A good fit with the CarTrawler’s relationship-based culture: dynamic, proactive, forward thinking, ambitious, and fast- paced
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, with a high level of emotional intelligence
· Ability to think strategically combined with analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability and willingness to get stuck into the detail when necessary
· The experience and maturity to present to, work with and get buy-in from, management and investors
· Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to interpret and explain the numbers to the wider business
· Excellent leadership, team management and general people skills