Senior Java Engineer - Mobility
Location: Dublin, Ireland
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
At the start of 2019, CarTrawler created a dedicated business function within the organisation referred to as Mobility. 'Realise the Mobility Opportunity’ is one of the four pillars for the company strategy thus reinforcing its importance to the overall company vision. This function was set up to focus exclusively on a reformed mobility proposition when it comes to how we sell on-demand taxi hire, private transfer hire, airport shuttles and bus/coach hire for our partners, our partners end customers and our suppliers.
The dedicated function is made up of cross-functional disciplines which range from Product & Technology, Business Development, Partner Relationship Management, Data Insights, Supply and Customer teams respectively. It has a ‘start-up’ culture, unique to the wider organisation, as we are fully ring-fenced, autonomous and have developed the technology from the ground up - with a predominant focus on mobile. If you are keen to work in a fast-paced environment, work with a team of go-getters and are looking for a platform to showcase your creativity and make a difference - this is the role for you!
The Senior Java Engineering role within the Mobility function is a multi-faceted role. You will be an active contributor to a wide range of responsibilities that will promote growth, autonomy and personal fulfilment. Work across all of the business services that exist within the core platform while playing an active role in developing new services that deliver successful business outcomes. Develop supporting API’s across all consumer-facing applications for your frontend peers that deliver on product enhancements. Be a key contributor in building out our supply network by developing externally facing 3rd party API connectors for onboarding new supply content into the mobility platform.
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Build software applications – follow coding standards, build appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
· Responsible for overall technical delivery of respective projects.
· Taking part in creative discussions and steering those discussions in the most technically appropriate direction, recommending the best technical approach.
· Ensuring that knowledge gained is always shared outwards to the teams and the company as a whole.
· Ensuring the project is delivered to high standards of quality in all aspects including, but not limited to code, documentation, configuration management, source code control and best practice challenges of the role.
· Coping with multiple, sometimes overlapping work streams.
· Clearly communicating scope and risks to both the project management functions and the engineering functions.
· Platform Engineering - Tech Lead – work closely with your manager to establish shared ways of both working within your direct team and cross-functionally. Agree processes on how to manage your project intake while defining a personal growth plan to support your career goals through regular 1:1 coaching.
· Product Engineering Team – your frontend colleagues have a heavy reliance on API’s. Develop a close relation with the team, working jointly on product initiatives that require the development of both new and updating of existing APIs for all frontend facing applications.
· Product Management - Working closely with your Product Management peers to fully understand and fulfil any requirements in relation to project initiatives.
Knowledge and Experience:
· 5+ years development experience on Java 8.
· Deep understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts and experience applying recognised design patterns (Gang of Four, Enterprise).
· Experience of development and consumption of scalable REST APIs and REST API architecture.
· Experience with vendor management / integrating with 3rd party platforms.
· Comfortable with maven, and version control.
· Building highly available systems using Java in a fast moving agile environment.
· 2+ years experience with Spring/boot.
· Strong data management understanding and experience with SQL & NoSQL data stores.
· Hands on experience with AWS Cloud platforms; SQS, KINESIS, ElastiCache.
· Detailed experience using CI/CD Pipelines with Git and Jenkins; in a multi development environment.
Hybrid Working Model
Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonusAll employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering. This offering enables our employees to contribute to the business in a tangible and meaningful way and aims to create positive financial outcomes for all.· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind. The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviours and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.We are a purpose led, values driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive. CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at email@example.com