Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more
Commercial Director– Car Rental Supply and Insurance
Location: Dublin, Ireland
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
The Commercial Director – Car Rental Supply and Insurance develops and delivers the car supply and insurance strategies. They are responsible for ensuring that supplier and insurer relationships are maximised in order to gain ‘best in class’ supply and insurance offerings
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
• Developing and delivering supply and insurance strategies in line with the overall CarTrawler strategy
• Developing constructive relationships with car and insurance suppliers and building long term value for both parties
• Managing commercial negotiations of contracts, rates, incentives, rebates and terms/conditions in a timely fashion ensuring the commercial incentives we have are at a minimum aligned with those of our peers
• Working with our suppliers in an effective and consistent manner with two-way exchange of insight that can enhance ours and their businesses
• Developing a roadmap of compelling supplier related product enhancements and innovations and working with stakeholder across the business to ensure delivery of same
• Monitoring, expanding and optimising the quality and availability of car and insurance supply
• Ensuring insurance and supplier regulation and compliance requirements are met
• Ensuring that our supplier content is integrated, maintained and optimised to the highest standards at all times
• Management of team and providing leadership
• Trading to give insight into competitiveness and availability of supply and provide input into pricing, merchandising and sort order tactics
• Collaborate with Product & Technology to ensure that product and service priorities are being delivered at pace and are of high quality Go-Live team to ensure the seamless transition of new partners from Pre-Go-Live to BAU
• CCE to align supply and customer strategy, including issue management, refund and cancellation policy, customer communications strategy.
• Finance for reconciliation of rebates
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 7 years’ experience in a similar/relevant role
• Ability to understand financial and commercial indicators – possess great attention to detail and ability to prioritise workloads according to business focus and opportunity
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
• Experience designing and leading complex strategic programs with both internal and external stakeholders
• High integrity, and excellent relationship development, communication and negotiation skills
• Proven ability to create, develop, run and deliver results from high performing teams
• Proven ability to manage and lead a team to pro-actively and strategically deliver results
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent relationship building skills
Self-Management-Be a strong role model by managing yourself, your time and your meetings in a productive and useful manner
Strong communicator – building trust by having regular quality 121’s, cascading relevant business updates and checking in with your people
Provide quality feedback-provide helpful, constructive feedback to improve performance on an ongoing basis and as part of company performance management process
Recognize individual and team achievements
Empower, Trust and Verify-Be clear on expectations with your team, agree measurements of success and hold team members accountable
Inspire-engage the hearts and minds of the team by role modelling our company values
Provide clarity and alignment-sharing a clear vision of collective success and ensuring alignment to overall business strategy
Hire and develop super talent