Finance Manager - Supply
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Finance & Legal
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler is the leading provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the travel industry,
Our B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. If you’ve ever booked a flight online and saw the option to book a car rental, then that was probably us.
CarTrawler partners with many of the world’s biggest airlines including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and travel brands such as eDreams Odigeo, Hotels.com, Uber and Hopper.
We’re an Irish company but the global leader in our space. We are a purpose driven organisation and offer our people the chance to solve interesting problems, be a part of key decisions and truly accelerate their careers.
We have recently secured investment from global private equity firm, Towerbrook Capital Partners, and are embarking on an ambitious and exciting journey to achieve the next level of growth and scale.
Hybrid Working Model
At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you.
At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role.
The Finance Manager - Supply has responsibility for managing payments to and from suppliers arising from the car rentals and car transfers driving the Group’s business. This involves managing and motivating a large team to efficiently and accurately reconcile and process payments of over €600m per annum.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Overall responsibility for the supply function and manage the car supply team lead and the AR accounts assistant;
· Monitor performance of team to ensure car suppliers are paid within specific payment terms;
· Liaison with internal departments to ensure the key information is shared across all relevant functions;
· Working closely with the Group Treasury Manager on calculation and forecasting of funding requests to meet supplier payment runs
· Leading role in the analysis, reconciliation and proposed settlement of query files and rebates from our large corporate car suppliers
· Communicating externally with suppliers on various matters regarding their account;
· Working closely with other members of the Finance team on various ad hoc projects and general day-to-day operations;
· Supporting the finance team in the delivery of timely and accurate monthly management financial information;
· Leading on all audit queries relating to all associated Car Supplier balances
· Working with the Customer Transactions team and manage month end process for refunds and chargebacks
· Embed the changes arising from the Finance Transformation project
· Liaise with Supply on rebate offset and collections as well as AR for postpaid content
· Identifying areas of improving processes and any potential cash leakages;
· Identifying risks and opportunities that may affect the performance of the team.
· Car Supply Team
· Senior members of the finance team
Knowledge and Experience:
· Qualified accountant, ambitious to grow their career in a fast-paced, commercially minded environment
· Strong team management and leadership skills essential
· Excellent communication skills
· Analytically minded, with an ability to manage large data sets and understand the data flows involved with a complex booking database
· Good commercial acumen with a desire to understand issues from both sides, maintaining a focus on achieving positive outcomes for both CarTrawler and Suppliers
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and nurture relationships across the business at all levels
· Team Leadership – ability to build own team and work with cross-functional teams
· Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage several priorities at once
· An excellent self-starter – the ability to work off own initiative and drive projects at a fast pace