React Native - Mobile Tech Lead
Location: Dublin, Ireland
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
At the start of 2019, CarTrawler created a dedicated business function within the organisation referred to as Mobility. 'Realise the Mobility Opportunity’ is one of the four pillars for the company strategy thus reinforcing its importance to the overall company vision. This function was set up to focus exclusively on a reformed mobility proposition when it comes to how we sell on-demand taxi hire, private transfer hire, airport shuttles and bus/coach hire for our partners, our partners end customers and our suppliers.
The dedicated function is made up of cross-functional disciplines which range from Product & Technology, Business Development, Partner Relationship Management, Data Insights, Supply and Customer teams respectively. It has a ‘start-up’ culture, unique to the wider organisation, with a fully ring-fenced, autonomous setup who have developed the technology from the ground up - with a predominant focus on mobile. If you are keen to work in a fast-paced environment, work with a team of go-getters and are looking for a platform to showcase your creativity and make a difference - this is the role for you!
Your specific role is to join the Mobility Product & Technology team and contribute to the overall delivery of the mobility product vision. This role will partner closely with the Tech Team Lead (Frontend), your direct peers, the Backend Engineering Team through API support, Product Management, Data Insights and the Design Team. You will be responsible for leading and contributing to the architecting, designing, and enhanced development of our partner integrated Mobility SDK (React Native) and related standalone mobile apps.
Reporting to: Tech Team Lead - Frontend
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Working closely with Product Management to determine project requirements and prioritise tasks for the team.
· Liaising with team members and Product Management to ensure projects are completed to standard.
· Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
· Motivating team members and creating a space where they can ask questions and propose their ideas.
· Mentoring team members and helping them grow in their roles.
· Identifying risk and bugs and forming plans to tackle them.
· Working closely with our Product Design team to make sure that the design system is applied correctly.
· Contributing towards building, maintaining and deploying our frontend applications, focusing on application logic, state management, UI components and external interfaces for 3rd party integrations.
· Contributing towards innovation - you will be leading and contributing to introducing modern tools, libraries & methods to experiment, learning, creating proofs of concept and helping bring ideas to life.
· Collaborate on technical coding issues and solutions - helping with technical decisions such as tools, coding practices and coding architecture used in your team.
· Leading and contributing to the automation of deployments, unit and end-to-end tests and reporting.
· Working with partners, answering their questions, helping them to integrate our products, troubleshooting and solving issues with them, …
· Contributing towards the partner facing documentation of our product suite.
· Collaboration within a multi-functional, agile development team with dedicated designers, engineers, data insights and e-merchandising specialists.
· Tech Team Lead - Frontend
· Frontend Engineering Team
· Backend Engineering Team
· Design Team
· Product Management Team
Knowledge and Experience:
Ability to set an example of good development practices to other developers on your team.
Have experience in developing in a number of different frameworks and an understanding of modern development tools, techniques and patterns. You will have expert level skills in your most familiar development stack.
You should thrive in a highly agile environment where you can work within teams on task specifications, technical planning, development and deployment.
Be a developer at heart with the ability to write and review code, have a passion for frontend UI and pride in the applications that you deliver.
You must be able to troubleshoot and solve complex problems - that's what makes software development fun and challenging for you.
Be able to understand and contribute towards a technical vision. As we improve our architecture, you will be essential on this journey - because you understand the need to deliver working software that does what the customers and business stakeholders want
Excellent knowledge of software development best practices (including continuous integration and writing unit/end-to-end test suites) is required.
Tech Skillset Requirements:
High Proficiency in:
· Developing mobile apps using React Native
· Android Studio, XCode, Gradle and CocoaPods
· Publishing mobile apps on Google Play and Apple Store
· Java, Objective-C or Swift (Mobile app development oriented)
· Building Native/React Native interfaces using the React Native Bridge
· Debugging device/platform specific issues
· State management patterns (Redux, ...)
Some experience in:
· Bash scripting and the terminal
· Log Management tools (Graylog, Coralogix, ...)
· Testing frameworks (Jest, Detox, Appium, ...)
Experience is a plus in:
· MongoDB database browsing tools (Robo 3T)
Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonusAll employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering. This offering enables our employees to contribute to the business in a tangible and meaningful way and aims to create positive financial outcomes for all.· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind. The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviours and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.We are a purpose led, values driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive. CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org