Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A high spec laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more
Director of Technology, Infrastructure
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Product & Technology
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
The Director of Technology, Infrastructure is responsible for leading the team that implements and supports the technology infrastructure and services across the entire business. A core component of CarTrawler’s proposition to our B2B partners is that of tried and trusted technology. Availability, reliability, security and performance underpin the proposition and the Director of Infrastructure and Operations is directly responsible in a leadership role for delivering on this promise. This is accomplished by providing professional operational support and management of the transactional production systems that underpin the B2B operations of the business on a 24 by 7 basis. This role is also directly responsible for the provision of IT security across all functions and provides leadership and direction in this area.
This role further includes the corporate (office and remote) infrastructure and services across all the business functions. A core commitment to our workforce is to provide a best in class Hybrid working environment where our people can choose how much time (if any) they wish to work remotely. As such this role in key to providing the right infrastructure, connectivity tools and services to support all business functions regardless of employee preferences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This role reports directly to the Chief Product & Technology Officer and is responsible for the management of the systems and technology function on a day-to-day operational basis.
Day to Day:
· Responsible for the provision of IT infrastructure services including office infrastructure, production systems, network support, IT security and telecommunications
· To ensure maximum availability of computer systems throughout the company
· Development and implementation of new systems providing technical advice and support to other business functions
· Working with senior management to propose, agree and deliver IT service to defined Service Level Agreements
· Responsible for IT hardware, software and maintenance procurement
· To develop and maintain a disaster recovery plan
· To develop and control the IT security policy
· To provide ongoing updates to the Chief Product & Technology officer on all aspects of the IT Department
· Manage ongoing relationships with third party IT services suppliers and consultants
· Managed and review the IT Budget including spend on IT related services and software
· Self-Management-Be a strong role model by managing yourself, your time and your meetings in a productive and useful manner
· Strong communicator – building trust by having regular quality 121’s, cascading relevant business updates and checking in with your people
· Provide quality feedback-provide helpful, constructive feedback to improve performance on an ongoing basis and as part of company performance management process
· Recognize individual and team achievements
· Empower, Trust and Verify-Be clear on expectations with your team, agree measurements of success and hold team members accountable
· Inspire-engage the hearts and minds of the team by role modelling our company values
· Provide clarity and alignment-sharing a clear vision of collective success and ensuring alignment to overall business strategy
· Hire and develop super talent
You will need to be able to be / have;
· Proven Technical competence is essential, along with a relevant third level qualification.
· 5 years’ experience operating in a similar senior IT leadership role.
· Strong knowledge of core IT (Infrastructure, Applications, Security)
· Proven leadership capability to manage, coach, and motivate a diverse team.
· A track record of delivering major business and IT transformation and change.
· Proven ability to influence positive outcomes in line with strategic objectives.
· A strong track record of stakeholder management.
· A demonstrated leadership ability.
· A demonstrated track record of building high performance teams through appropriate development and mentoring.