Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A high spec laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Product & Technology
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
Role Purpose: A Software Engineer delivers quality software on schedule which delivers on the CarTrawler business strategy. Works in a culture of high performance and enthusiasm, implements our software development practices and maintains an environment of achievement, reward and respect. Works closely with their Engineering Manager and Product Manager to ensure we deliver car rental booking technology of the highest standard that meets our car booking customer requirements and our travel partner business and revenue requirements.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Working with Engineering, Product and IT to understand business requirements.
· Collaborating with engineers to break down requirements into clear technical tasks.
· Taking responsibility for delivering technical tasks with high quality, performant code and tests.
· Working with team to meet project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
· Providing constructive feedback to all members of the team through timely code reviews.
· Presenting and participating in showcases, tech chats and developer conferences.
· Engineering Management to ensure delivery of quality software on schedule.
· Product and Design to ensure alignment on meeting product visions and goals.
· External partners to assist integration of CarTrawler software solutions.
· IT to ensure successful operation of our software solutions.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Ability to write modular, scalable, and clean code.
· Experience in web mark-up, including HTML5 and CSS3.
· Experience developing single-page web applications using Typescript.
· A good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
· Experience building web applications for both desktop & mobile.
· Experience with automated testing.
· Experience working in an Agile development environment.
· Knowledge of version control tools like Git or similar.
· Experience writing unit and integration tests using frameworks such as Jest.
· Knowledge of the full testing pyramid.
· Knowledge of at least one of the following automation testing frameworks: Selenium, Protractor, TestCafe, Cypress or Nightwatch.
· Familiar with Docker, Jenkins and other CI/CD tooling.
· Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Webpack.
· CSS compiler knowledge (E.g. Sass)
· Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance.