Hybrid Working ModelAt CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: A Windows laptop, 2 X inches monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style deskHybrid Working ModelAt CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style deskOur Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members · Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity ,parents leave and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· Subsidised restaurant – with free breakfast· We have a dedicated Talent Management team to support individual and team development needs, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learning o Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmes · To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops · We are a company that likes to give back. you will have the opportunity to get involved in some of our company-wide CSR initiatives · An outstanding, dedicated sports and social club· Free on site Yoga, Pilates, Massages, Bootcamp· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more· Regular discount offers including- Base Pizza, SabaToGo, Medipharm Windy Arbour, Giraffe Childcare, ID90 Travel
Software Engineer (Java)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Product & Technology
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler is the leading B2B provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. We bring opportunities to life through an online marketplace connecting our partners, customers and mobility suppliers.
CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivalled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including American Express, Alaska Airlines, easyJet, eDreamsODIGEO, Hotels.com, KLM, TravelStart and Emirates. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
CarTrawler was established in 2004, our headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with an office in New York. For more information visit www.cartrawler.com.
CarTrawler’s server-side car and transportation platforms are developed by several in-house Java technology teams. While each of the teams focus on different aspects of the technology stack, they share common software architectures, working practices, agile methodologies and design strategies. This role has responsibility for participating in one such team, contributing to the development and delivery of features, projects and commitments agreed with the business. The Mid-Level Java Engineer is expected to demonstrate a high degree of initiative in terms of design and implementation decisions, while collaborating with senior engineers to review and ensure best practices are implemented – particularly in respect of new and novel technology initiatives. Additionally, the Mid-Level role is expected to provide mentoring and director to Junior engineers, contributing to code reviews and design reviews with the goal of ensuring quality and maintainability of the overall codebase.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Participating in technical design. Validating strategies with Senior Engineers and Engineering Manager to ensure best practices and recognised design patterns are used. Striving for simplicity.
· Collaborating with developers on the same team and across the entire technology team. Ensuring knowledge is shared.
· Implementing efficient and performant solutions. Avoiding over-optimisation but recognising compute-intensive or IO intensive solutions and tuning / validating as appropriate.
· Implementing test-able, maintainable code. Following the Java team’s pragmatic, defensible test strategies to ensure a desired level of quality.
· Working with Engineering Manager to deliver prioritised features and projects to the business according to agreed priorities and timing commitments.
· Providing input into the evolving Agile Strategy, Architecture, Continuous Integration and Automation.
· Fellow Java Developers
· Product Technology Teams
· Business Teams within CarTrawler
Knowledge and Experience:
· Experience participating in agile planning and cross-functional stand-ups.
· Experienced Java (enterprise) developer. 4+ years of Java development experience.
· Working knowledge of Gang of Four Design Patterns.
· Working knowledge of frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, JPA. Particularly in terms of the design and development practices they represent (Inversion of control, Modularity, Composition, etc)
· Awareness of emerging technologies and methodologies, recognising when there are efficiencies to be gained or competitive advantages in adopting or investigating new technologies.
· Experienced developing scalable Java Enterprise applications.
· Experienced in database integration – particular emphasis on Relational & Transact SQL.