Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A high spec laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Product & Technology
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
The DevOps role within Cartrawler is a series of practices and processes that are intended to speed up and automate aspects of the processes of developing, testing and releasing software, allowing for the continuous delivery of software and software updates.
You will be working with front-end and backend teams within our Product and Technology and Data Science Departments identifying key areas of improvement within each team’s tech stack focusing on re-usability and standardisation.
It’s a way to build collaboration and transparency across software development and IT operations – leading to greater visibility for business teams and, ultimately, more revenue. Tightening feedback loops and improving communication between IT and developers will help you quickly build observable systems that drive real customer value.
Developer Experience Engineering Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
· Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
· Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
· Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
· Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
· Working with Engineering Managers and engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
· Planning out projects and being involved in System Designing across multiple products
Knowledge and Experience:
Working knowledge of container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes using Docker
Experience using AWS cloud technologies
Experience in System Designing
· Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, and Control
· Working knowledge of Linux operating system environments
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
· Process-oriented with great documentation skills
· Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
· Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies SDLC
· Familiar with QA Automation such as functional, performance, load and visual regression testing