Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A high spec laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonus· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more
Android Software Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Department: Product & Technology
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
A Software Engineer takes on the complex tasks, delivering quality software on schedule that delivers on the CarTrawler business strategy. Works in a culture of high performance and enthusiasm, champions our software development practices and maintains an environment of achievement, reward and respect. Works closely with their Engineering Manager and Product Manager to ensure we deliver car rental booking technology of the highest standard that meets our car booking customer requirements and our travel partner business and revenue requirements.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
What will you be doing?
As a Software Engineer in the product engineering team you will be:
· Working as part of ‘sprint’ teams with dedicated Designers and Product Managers
· Key contributor to the development and maintenance of the CarTrawler Mobile applications
· Subject matter expert on Android platform features
· Advising the Engineering Manager on technical coding issues and solutions - helping with technical decisions such as tools, coding practices and coding architecture used in your team.
· Acting as a role model: practicing excellent coding standards and following best practices within your development team. Carrying out code reviews to help ensure they are applied.
· Using your past experience to take-on the hard tasks that less people know how to solve and recognising potential issues/considerations that less experienced developers might miss.
· Champion new Android innovations - you will be helping to introduce modern tools, libraries & methods to experiment, learn, create proofs of concept and help bring ideas to life
· Engineering Management to ensure delivery of quality software on schedule.
· Product Management and Product Design to ensure alignment on meeting product visions and goals.
· IT to ensure successful operation of our software solutions.
· External partners to assist integration of our software solutions.
What skills do you need?
· Native Android development experience with strong knowledge of Android SDK and Android Studio
· Have published (or can demonstrate a contribution) to an app on Google Play
· Comfortable working with a mixed Java & Kotlin codebase
· You should thrive in a highly agile environment where you can work within teams on estimation of tasks, technical planning, development and deployment.
· Excellent knowledge of software development best practices (including test-driven development and continuous integration) is required.
· Be a developer at heart with the ability to write and review code, have a passion for front-end UI and pride in the applications that you deliver.
· Have the experience, intuition and self-confidence to complete complex development tasks independently and also mentor others
· Have experience in using third party libraries and an understanding of modern Android development tools such as Jetpack architecture components and Kotlin Coroutines.
· Be able to understand and contribute towards a technical vision. As we improve our architecture, you will be essential on this journey - because you understand the need to deliver working software that does what the customers and business stakeholders want
· You must be able to troubleshoot and solve complex problems - that's what makes software development fun and challenging for you.