Location: Dublin, Ireland
What are we looking for?
CarTrawler brings opportunities to life through a global online marketplace connecting Partners, Customers and Suppliers.
Our market leading B2B mobility platform expands airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, while deepening those relationships and creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities.
CarTrawler works in partnership with many of the world’s biggest travel brands, providing mobility services for over a quarter of the top 100 airlines globally, including easyJet, Alaska Airlines, Jetstar, SWISS, KLM and Emirates and OTA’s such as eDreams, Hotels.com and Hopper. As a B2B company we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build brands, not our own.
For our people, they get to work in an indigenous Irish tech company, in healthy, high performing teams, solving interesting problems. Based in Dublin, all decisions are made here - in Ireland.
To provide financial modelling and analysis for new business opportunities within the sales pipeline. If you are someone who enjoys a challenge, thrives when given a problem or when dealing with ambiguity and is always curious to dig behind the data then this role is for you. This role needs someone who has a strong analytical capability with a focus on sustainable growth and profit. You will work closely with the Director of Business Development to act as an advisor and support them with the appropriate analysis and financials in order to allow them to make the correct business decisions and commitments.
Reporting to: Senior Commercial Analyst
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
· Act as a trusted advisor to the Business Development Team on new business opportunities which will include becoming fully up to date with what this team does, their strategic objectives for the year ahead and how your role can fully support them in achieving this.
· The type of support across each department is as follows but may vary as business needs dictate:
o Financial modelling supported by scenario planning to develop accurate forecasts based on CarTrawler’s past performance and assumptions about the future for prospects
o Ability to benchmark CarTrawler performance against the external market, ensuring performance trends are unearthed and contextualised
o Support with writing and submitting RFP documents - Attend meetings with prospects as required (travel may be necessary)
o Support short and long term strategic business activities through analysis
o Develop recommended business solutions for prospects through research, analysis of data and business process
o Providing analysis and delivering insight that links our prospects financial reports to business strategies
o Providing effective commercial procedures, or initiating change, to ensure key commercial targets are delivered
o Aid in the preparation of quarterly / annual plans and forecast for the Business
· Commercial Team
· Insights Team
· Finance Team
· Leadership Team
· Contacts within client companies
Knowledge and Experience:
· Excellent financial acumen and ability to understand and breakdown complex data and processes.
· Have strong analytical capability through planning the analysis, conducting analysis and distilling this into recommendations which the business can understand and use for business decisions.
· Accuracy & attention to detail is critical as this information is used to inform business decisions and influence strategy.
· Critical thinking – the ability to think outside the box, see the bigger picture through consideration of future implications and scenarios and use these when making recommendations
· Experience working to tight deadlines
· Problem solver – ability to work with ambiguous information to determine root cause or drivers and then put forward resolutions
· Planning and project management skills
· Communication skills – understanding the audience, purpose of what needs to be achieved, listening to the needs of the recipients and present
· Ownership of tasks or projects to ensure all possible efforts are made to ensure successful achievement of objective within assigned timeframe.
· Ability to prioritise workload effectively to ensure objectives are met successfully and on time
· Possess a deep business understanding and commercial insight
· Detailed Experience using excel is essential, experience using SQL, Redshift & Tableau desirable but not essential
· Adaptable and energetic
Hybrid Working Model At CarTrawler we are committed to creating an environment that enables our people to do their best work in the location which suits them best. Whether you enjoy the social aspect of working in the office, prefer to avoid the commute and work from home, or would like the best of both worlds, our Hybrid Working Model is designed to create the best possible working experience for you. At Cartrawler we have has the best technology to enable a truly world class remote working experience that drives collaboration and allows you to thrive in your role. We will also provide you with a “work from home kit” to help get that home office set up, including: · A Windows laptop, 2 monitors, docking station, mouse, keyboard & camera· A comfortable ergonomic office chair and scandi-style desk Our Benefits:· Flexible Working arrangements. We have a host of flexible options available· Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members· Up to 4% matched employer pension contribution to help you save for your future· Family life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents and marriage leave· Life assurance & Income protection· Financial planning support· Mental Health@CarTrawler programme· Internal referral programme· Bike to Work· Travel Tax Saver The Cool Stuff:· Annual performance related bonusAll employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering. This offering enables our employees to contribute to the business in a tangible and meaningful way and aims to create positive financial outcomes for all.· 25 days annual leave· “Friday Unplugged” – Last Friday of every month we have a half day mental health break day.· We have a dedicated Talent Management and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development, including unlimited premium access to;o LinkedIn Learningo Technical trainings via Udemyo We also sponsor further education by providing financial support and study leave for specific programmeso To support your personal growth, we offer a series of benefits including access to coaching, online resilience workshops and team workshops· We have several employee cohorts across the business that you can become a part of or you will benefit from as they all play a key role in the super culture we have within CarTrawler;o Sports and Social clubo CSR Committeeo Thriverso Mental Health First Aiderso Engagement Champion Network· Weekly Yoga classes and Meditation· Family & Friends Days, annual Summer & Christmas Party, Kids’ Christmas party and many more CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind. The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviours and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.We are a purpose led, values driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive. CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org